[texhax] whoops

Walt Burkhard burkhard at cs.ucsd.edu
Mon Oct 27 23:30:43 CET 2014

Hello
Many thanks for all your efforts with this.   I am still without a real
solution.    I have temporarily moved files to the folder
containing my tex file and have it all running as needed in this one
instance.

I am working within a bash window.  And I have placed the line    "set
TEXMFHOME=/Users/walt/texmf" followed
by "export TEXMFHOME" both within .bash_profile in my home directory.
 Then  the command printenv does not show the
value for TEXMFHOME   when issuing   printenv    or  printenv TEXMFHOME
  This shouldn't be the way printenv works
according to its man page.    The sme is true if I set TEXMFHOME to
/Users/walt/Library/texmf.     My texmf of course contains
the files I must  gather via "\input"     In the current state,  \input xyz
  gathers the contents of xyz from the copy within the tex file folder.

Many thanks again for your assistance.

Walt