[texhax] Including glossaries in an enumerated list.

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Sun Jul 6 13:33:05 CEST 2014

Sorry, please ignore the "section=@gobbletwo" part of my suggestion,
and it must be \renewcommand*{\glossarysection}[2][]{}, i.e., there
must be two pairs of square brackets. -- Uwe.

> I am facing a problem of incorporating glossaries into a list item.
> The glossaries package automatically takes in the section or
> chapter heading. I want neither. I want the glossaries to come
> inside a specifically defined enumerated list.

First redefine \glossarysection according to your preferences. With

\renewcommand*{\glossarysection}[2]{}

you disable it alltogether, then you could start the glossary
entirely according to your own ideas. From the code I guess that
the previous is equivalent to loading glossaries.sty by

\usepackage[section=@gobbletwo]{glossaries}

Second, (if it doesn't work out of the box, having studied this the
first time myself), search the package documentation for "glossary
styles" (there even is an "inline" style, the documentation suggests
a \renewcommand like the above one for this case).

HTH -- Uwe Lück.