[texhax] [OT] Mathematical typography

Jeff Barnett jbbrus at comcast.net
Fri Apr 11 21:29:11 CEST 2014

Victor Ivrii wrote, On 4/11/2014 12:54 PM:
> I am familiar with papers published in 1911 which are "rich on
> formulae" and look not very different from what we have today.
>
> Can anyone suggest earlier mathematical papers of the same type?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Victor
>

> Sorry for OT but I suspect that this mailing list is the best place
> where one can get an answer. Besides history of mathematical
> typesetting should be of interest?
>
> --
>
> Victor Ivrii
You might consider the book "A Course of Pure Mathematics:" by G. H.
Hardy. My copy was published in 1960 but the original pub date was 1908
by The Cambridge University Press. I suspect that many used book dealers
might have one the earlier editions (1908, 1914, 1921). Good luck with
your venture.

Jeff Barnett