[texhax] Beamer and times

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Oct 16 15:41:33 CEST 2013

On Oct 16, 2013, at 8:47 AM, Philip Taylor wrote:

> I wonder how difficult it would be for the LaTeX team
> to hack \usepackage so that it consulted a canonical
> list of deprecated packages and warned when one was
> being requested ...

I think the best thing to do would be to make a LaTeX 2e compatibility mode out of LaTeX 3 (call it 2.3?) which would only include / access known ``good'' packages.

Seems to me the font-specific packages (which are so problematic) are gradually going away as everyone switches to xetex and luatex.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer