[texhax] Inconsolata font

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 03:41:02 CET 2013

Hello,

** Rolf Turner [2013-01-11 15:22:30 +1300]:

> On 01/11/2013 02:55 PM, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
>>On 2013-01-11 at 01:51:37 +0100, Paul Isambert wrote:

>>> I don't know whether TeXLive on Fedora includes tlmgr (it doesn't
>>> on Debian, unless you install vanilla TeXLive). If it doesn't I
>>> can't help you any further.

>> Linux distributions don't ship tlmgr because it would interfere with
>> their own package management systems.  But I suppose that many Linux
>> distributions provide a command for searching the package database.
>> Maybe something like "yum search ..." helps.

> Ah-ha.  Some progress at last.  Doing "yum search inconsolata"
> revealed that I should be doing

>     sudo yum install tex-inconsolata.noarch

> *That* found a package and installed it.  It also appeared to install
> tex-inconsolata-fedora-fonts-svn19721-1.noarch.  So I thought I
> was good to go.

> But now I get the error:

>> ! Font T1/ptm/m/n/10=ptmr8t at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM)
>> file not found

> Zeeks!  What do I do about this?  I am afraid the error message is
> toadally opaque
> to me.  Can someone advise me, please?  In words comprehensible to a bear of
> very little brain! :-)

Please, always show your minimal (not)working example!

This one works fine with xelatex and lualatex with (vanilla) TeX Live on
my system (Archlinux, x86_64):

<example>
\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{fontspec}

\setmonofont{Inconsolata}
\setmainfont{DejaVu Serif}
\setsansfont{DejaVu Sans}

\begin{document}

Hello, World!

\texttt{Hello, World!}

\textsf{Hello, World!}

\end{document}
</example>

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Fortune's Rules for Memo Wars: #2

Given the incredible advances in sociocybernetics and telepsychology over
the last few years, we are now able to completely understand everything that
the author of an memo is trying to say.  Thanks to modern developments
in electrocommunications like notes, vnews, and electricity, we have an
incredible level of interunderstanding the likes of which civilization has
never known.  Thus, the possibility of your misinterpreting someone else's
memo is practically nil.  Knowing this, anyone who accuses you of having
done so is a liar, and should be treated accordingly.  If you *do* understand
the memo in question, but have absolutely nothing of substance to say, then
you have an excellent opportunity for a vicious ad hominem attack.  In fact,
the only *inappropriate* times for an ad hominem attack are as follows:

	1: When you agree completely with the author of an memo.
	2: When the author of the original memo is much bigger than you are.
	3: When replying to one of your own memos.