[texhax] Inconsolata font.

Rolf Turner r.turner at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jan 11 03:22:30 CET 2013

On 01/11/2013 02:55 PM, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> On 2013-01-11 at 01:51:37 +0100, Paul Isambert wrote:
>
>   > I don't know whether TeXLive on Fedora includes tlmgr (it doesn't
>   > on Debian, unless you install vanilla TeXLive). If it doesn't I
>   > can't help you any further.
>
> Linux distributions don't ship tlmgr because it would interfere with
> their own package management systems.  But I suppose that many Linux
> distributions provide a command for searching the package database.
> Maybe something like "yum search ..." helps.

Ah-ha.  Some progress at last.  Doing "yum search inconsolata"
revealed that I should be doing

     sudo yum install tex-inconsolata.noarch

*That* found a package and installed it.  It also appeared to install
tex-inconsolata-fedora-fonts-svn19721-1.noarch.  So I thought I
was good to go.

But now I get the error:

> ! Font T1/ptm/m/n/10=ptmr8t at 10.0pt not loadable: Metric (TFM) file
> not found

Zeeks!  What do I do about this?  I am afraid the error message is
toadally opaque
to me.  Can someone advise me, please?  In words comprehensible to a bear of
very little brain! :-)

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner