[texhax] passing package options on the commandline

Susan Dittmar Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de
Thu Jan 3 14:15:40 CET 2013

jtzzaa11-texhax2 at yahoo.com schrieb:
> Specifically, I want to generate a document version where figures are replaced by rectangles. This is achieved with the "draft" option in the graphicx package.

What I do in this case is create a wrapper document with just those two
lines (if TrueDocument.tex is the name of your main latex file):

======= draft.tex =======
\PassOptionsToPackage{draft}{graphicx}
\input{TrueDocument}
=======

Another for the final version:
======= final.tex =======
\PassOptionsToPackage{final}{graphicx}
\input{TrueDocument}
=======

Now you only need to call
pdflatex draft
to create the draft version and
pdflatex final
to create the final version.

This has the advantage (in this case unimportant, but in others it might
  matter) that the auxiliary files for the different versions are kept
apart, so table of contents matches the contents and not the contents of
the other version...

Hope that helps,

	Susan