[texhax] Article like class file for authors and book like class file for a journal issue.

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Wed Dec 11 10:19:54 CET 2013

We tend to use templates with most common packages in the field, kindly ask the authors not to use any home made macros, plus some extra macros to format titles etc.

Then in assembly, we use docmute to ignore any preambles and redefine the title and author macros. The each article is included in the master.

It does take some work to get everyone to comply to the guidelines, but it works just fine.

For the bibliographies one can use chapterbib.

One thing to look out for is labels. Having full control over the packages used, makes it simpler to automatically prefix all labels. It is doable, but not easy.

/Lars Madsen
Institut for Matematik / Department of Mathematics
Aarhus Universitet / Aarhus University