[texhax] Watermark for a minipage

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sat Nov 10 23:34:27 CET 2012

On 2012-11-10 at 07:45:41 -0800, jtzzaa11-texhax2 at yahoo.com wrote:

 > Hello,
 >
 > Re-sending my question, as I got no replies.
 >
 > I need to insert a watermark image for a minipage, such that the
 > watermark is scaled to the minipage width, and it is inserted
 > behind the minipage, not behind the entire page.
 >

 > The "watermark" & "draftwatermark" packages seem to only insert the
 > watermark for a full page.
 >
 > Would appreciate suggestions.

You probably didn't get a reply because there is no general solution.
The problem is that the height of a minipage depends on what's inside.

What you can try is to insert a picture environment at the very
beginning of the minipage.  Admittedly, nothing tested.

If you write \begin{picture}(0,0) then the size of the picture is zero
but you can still use \put in order to place material relative to the
top left corner of the minipage.  In order to see how you can scale
and rotate the watermark, run

  texdoc grfguide

Regards,
  Reinhard