[texhax] Questions about Bibtex page range setting

Thomas Schneider schneidt at mail.nih.gov
Fri Jun 1 20:11:54 CEST 2012

Ruan:

> Well, I do not just want to keep it in the database. I am seeking
> for a method to generate a single dash in my final output, since
> latex will always put two dashes in the pdf file. Do you have any
> suggestions?

Not being an expert on these things, I created a PDF with an entry
from a double dash in the bib database.  This comes out as a single
dash when cutting and pasting.  It's a unicode double byte character.
It does NOT look like two dashes in Skim on Mac OS X.  I get 3 unicode
bytes cutting from an Acrobat display.  In acrobat it looks and
handles like one character.

So I can't replicate your effect.

Tom

  Thomas D. Schneider, Ph.D.
  Senior Investigator
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
  Gene Regulation and Chromosome Biology Laboratory
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  http://alum.mit.edu/www/toms (permanent)