[texhax] how to write a resume with latex

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Dec 30 01:54:21 CET 2012

On 2012-12-29 at 22:44:08 +0800, fenghelong wrote:

 > I am a Chinese college student ,and I want to write a resume with
 > latex,I have searched the Internet,I have heard a package called
 > moderncv but my problem is I can not write Chinese font.
 > Can someone give me some help?
 > THX~~

Hi Fenghelong,
you can use

  http://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/moderncv/examples/template-zh.tex

as a template.  You have to download

  http://ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/moderncv/examples/picture.jpg

as well in order to be able to compile the document.

I can compile the document with pdflatex but not with xelatex or
lualatex, so pdflatex is your friend.

Your text editor has to be configured to use UTF-8 encoding.  This is
important.  If your editor doesn't display Chinese characters
properly, don't save the file and use a better one.

On Windows the best one is TeXworks, which is shipped with both, TeX
Live and MiKTeX.  If there isn't an icon on the desktop, you'll find
it in the start menu.  On other systems editors use UTF-8 by default.

If you have further questions, please tell us which operating you are
using and - if it's Windows - which TeX distribution (TeX Live or MiKTeX).
It's easier to help you if we know more about your environment.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25