[texhax] Problem Doukissas Leonidas

leonidas doukissas doukissas at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 20:08:37 CET 2012

Good morning Congratulations for your effort!!!My name is Doukissas Leonidas,
i am  from Greece and i'm using Latex (with Winedt editor) the last month and i am excited!My only problem is that although I've written up to 50 page in Latex (with \documentclass{amsart}),when i try the same code with the same technique ((with \documentclass{book}) the compiler fails and doesn't recognize my keybord's greek symbols.As a result when i create the pdf displays #*#*#*0* in stead of greek symbols as well. For example

\documentclass{amsart}
\usepackage[greek,]{babel}
\usepackage[iso-8859-7]{inputenc}
\newtheorem{θεώρημα}{Θεωρημα}
{\bf Σχέδιο Εργασίας:}\newline
$Glivenko- \,Gantelli$
$$F_{n}(x)\rightarrow F(x),\,\,\,\forall x$$
και η \,$F$\,είναι συνεχής τότε \,$\Rightarrow$\,η σύγκλιση είναι ομοιόμορφη δηλαδή
$$\lim_{n\rightarrow \infty}\sup_{x\in \,\mathbb{R}\,}|F_{n}(x)-F(x)|=0$$

It works properly with {amsart}, and when i change to \documentclass{book} and i leave the rest as it is, it doesn't work.
As a second example i mention this strange fact.It displays normally "Chapter 1 (in greek)"but the greek word "ΤΙΤΛΟΣ" is displayed as 0Ξ0Ξ0Ξ0Ξ.
\documentclass[12pt,]{book}
\usepackage[greek]{babel}
\usepackage[iso-8859-7]{inputenc}
\begin{document}
\chapter{ΤΙΤΛΟΣ }
\end{document}

Could you please give me an advice what should i do?

Yours sincerely
Doukissas L.