[texhax] Insert chapter and section heading into document header

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed Dec 19 16:28:02 CET 2012

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 06:54:16 -0800
Donald Arseneau articulated:

> Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> writes:
>
> > Sorry if I appear "pissed off", but I really am not. I believe the
> > word that would most correctly describe the situation is "frustrated".
>
> You had used the word "pissed". I hope the frustration diminishes.
> LaTeX *is* hard for the beginner.
>
> > any case, I believe I have tried all that you described above;
>
> Clearly not all together.  Perhaps you defined the xxx-mark commands
> in a try where your header layout made no reference to \rightmark.

I used your suggestions from an earlier email. They worked better than
the ones I was using; however, it still fails to keep in sync with the
page or writes a totally cryptic header. Since it works correctly on
some pages and wrong on others, I am trying to diagnose exactly what is
causing it to fail. So far my Sherlock Homes skills are betraying me.

I am thinking of creating a stripped down document that still exhibits
the problem I am describing and forwarding it to you for your analyses.
I fully realize that this is not your problem nor what you do; however,
if you are interested please let me know. We could do this off-list so
as not to pollute the forum environment. I take no offense if you are
not interested. In any case, thanks for your assistance. At least I am
heading in the right direction.

--
Jerry ♔