[texhax] writing documents with Latex for a newby

Uwe Ziegenhagen ziegenhagen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 23:28:23 CEST 2012

2012/8/2 Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com>

> Dear list,
>
> I am a fresh user of Latex, and I must admit it makes me a lot of
> headache!
>
> I just want confirmation this is the correct list to get help writing
> good code.
>
> Regards.

Hi Arno,

you are right here but we can give you a few hints anyway:

a) It is quite helpful if you have someone around who can "just have a
look" It is ofter more easier to show the real problem before posting it.
Well, if you have no LaTeX guy around, feel free to ask.

a*) When you ask here consider preparing a MWE, a minimal working example
showing the problem (http://www.minimalbeispiel.de/mini-en.html) It's
easier to help if we do not need to scan 20 pages of your paper ;-)

b) There is a lot of good documentation out there, so tell us: Where are
you from, which languages can you read and what are you using LaTeX for?
Some letters only or are you preparing your phd thesis in physics? Maybe we
can recommend some good documentation.

c) What is the general headache about? Where are your main issues with
LaTeX?

Happy TeXing!

Uwe

--