[texhax] LaTeX

Pierre MacKay pierre.mackay at comcast.net
Mon Apr 9 19:23:34 CEST 2012

On 04/09/2012 07:12 AM, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On 09/04/12 William Adams said:
>
>> Sadly, that's been pretty much abandoned --- Altsys Virtuoso on NeXTstep was
>> perfect (for my needs). Its successor, Macromedia FreeHand for Mac OS and
>> Windows is still workable, but is not going to be up-dated, and won't work
>> on the latest version of Mac OS X.
> Grab the GIMP. Works just fine.

If only!  Adobe Illustrator is the only thing that still tethers me to
Windows, and I use the GIMP wherever I can, but GIMP and Illustrator
have two completely different approaches to the creation of graphics.
If I start with a Gimped image, I still have to use an old version of
Streamline to prepare bitmaps for vector drawing when that is what is
needed.  It is not easy, but it eventually works.  I try out new
versions of SVG whenever I learn of them, but there are still many
aspects of vector drawing that SVG cannot produce, (and I leave out all
the color and blend refinements that I do not understand or need).

Pierre MacKay