[texhax] TeX/LaTeX in the federal space

Elisabeth Baker elisabeth.g.baker at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 16:33:30 CEST 2012

Greetings TeXians!

I managed technical documentation for a software company in Finland
2000-2005.  Using a Linux OS, I developed styles and bash compiling
scripts, processing 11 user manual and reference volumes as well as a
range of marketing brochures in LaTeX -- single-source style.

I returned to the US, and after six years managing content and editing
for federal projects using MS Office on Windows, I'm rebuilding a
LaTeX environment on my Macintosh. I recently separated on friendly
terms from a contractor in Fairfax, and I'm taking a short sabbatical,
revisiting my LaTeX and scripting passion and attending seminars on
SharePoint, process improvement, contract management and project
management.

I'm intrigued to think that there may be spaces in the federal
government where LaTeX is useful.  Can you point me toward
opportunities that would take advantage of my comprehensive LaTeX
know-how?

All the very best!
Elisabeth
571-535-8832