[texhax] latex doesn't find style files

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Apr 1 05:31:23 CEST 2012

On 2012-03-31 at 19:56:39 -0700, jtzzaa11-texhax2 at yahoo.com wrote:

 > Thanks all for the replies.
 >
 > I would prefer to have only the texlive2011 installation, and not
 > the one which performed by the debian installer.
 >
 > After I purge the debian tex packages, how do I make texlive the
 > working installation (in terms of directories being searched
 > etc.)?.

No need to purge the Debian packages.  Just prepend
path/to/the/texlive/bin/directory to $PATH.

The TeX Live installer already sais:

   Add /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/doc/man to MANPATH, if not dynamically determined.
   Add /usr/local/texlive/2011/texmf/doc/info to INFOPATH.

   Most importantly, add /usr/local/texlive/2011/bin/x86_64-linux
   to your PATH for current and future sessions.

Maybe the word "add" should be replaced by "prepend".

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25