[texhax] have a piece of thest ragged right à the end of a paragraph

Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Mon Sep 19 14:21:50 CEST 2011

Steve Schwartz wrote:

> Hmmm. I tried this with Phil's \pushright macro that I got on this list
> some time ago,

An embarrassing need for honesty forces me to say that \pushright isn't
/this/ "Phil"'s macro : I suspect it owes rather more to my near-
namesake Paul Taylor :

http://www.paultaylor.eu/proofs/QED.sty

> I think the only anomaly here might be that 2em's are wider than you
> might think. An em is the width of an "M". I append a modification (in
> latex to use framebox) to illustrate this. I think Phil's improvement is
> really just the result of replacing something of width 2em by an
> interword space which (a) is stretchable (I think) and (b) a lot
> smaller.

Well, 2 ems are no wider than I think (!), but I don't think
they add anything to the solution.

** Phil (also Taylor, not Dr, not @ di.unito.it).