[texhax] Installation Fail of MacTex-2011

Carolin Pescht carolin.pescht at mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Wed Sep 14 15:44:54 CEST 2011

Hi,

I tried to install the MacTex2011 on my Snow Leopard 10.6.8 Mac OSX. Before I deleted all former tex-dicrectories in /usr/local/... as described on tug.org.
Unfortunatly the installation failed several times. There is no helpful error-message. Just "please ask the support".
The installation of Basic MacTex2011 was successful - it works fine. So I think there is a bug in the MacTex_2011.mpkg. I downloaded is several times from different mirrors, too. always the same error.

Do you have any idea why the MacTex2011 installation failed? If there is a bug and you can fix it in the mpkg please let me know, so I can upgrade my Basic Version.

Best regards,

Carolin Pescht
Dipl. Wirtsch.-Ing. Carolin Pescht

TU Dresden
Fakultät Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Lehrstuhl für BWL, insb. Industrielles Management
01062 Dresden
carolin.pescht at mailbox.tu-dresden.de