[texhax] CFP 2012-1: PracTeX Journal: "LaTeX in the IT World"

Reinaldo reinaldo.opus at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 15:11:17 CEST 2011

***  We apologise if you receive this Call for Papers more than once  ***

                     Call for Papers/Abstracts
                   PracTeX Journal: Issue 2012-1
                Issue theme: "LaTeX in the IT World"
                    http://www.tug.org/pracjourn/
                           ISSN 1556-6994

               Submissions due January 31, 2012 (extended)

Dear LaTeX and TeX Users,

The PracTeX Journal (the International Online LaTeX/TeX Journal) has
been publishing articles since 2005.  Since its first edition, TPJ has
presented a wide range of articles on the practical use of LaTeX and
TeX.  During these years, we have worked hard to present articles that
are useful to our readership. Among these articles are ones that
describe tools and techniques that can be used for teaching or
commercial purposes.

The PracTeX Journal brings together researchers and practitioners from
diverse fields, such as mathematics, physics, computer science, social
sciences, business, education, and others. Our purpose is to present
ideas on the use of LaTeX and TeX among different disciplines and
platforms, through the sharing of techniques as well as examples of
LaTeX and TeX markup.

+++++++++++
Highlights
+++++++++++

The PracTeX Journal 2012-1 issue has the theme "LaTeX in the IT
World".

The goal of this issue is to provide opportunities for technical
collaboration beyond academic walls, and present ideas on the use of
tools for education, teaching, classroom and commercial purposes.  We
are looking for articles that discuss tools and techniques for using
LaTeX and TeX in IT, including making web page content, pulling
documents from databases and spreadsheets, managing programming
projects and source code, and other areas where LaTeX and automation
meet. Actual examples and LaTeX sources and markup are encouraged.

+++++++++++++++++++
Topics of Interest
+++++++++++++++++++

We look forward to receiving your paper submission by next January,
with innovative contributions in any of the TPJ main topic areas.

The topics and areas include, but not limited to:
 - Tools that assist the students/authors in preparing
    graphics, indexes, bibliographies, and other parts of documents;
 - Text manipulation tools;
 - Tutorials;
 - Short videos;
 - Free or almost free tools;
 - Teaching texts;
 - Homework styles;
 - Cross-platform tools.

We encourage you to submit original papers describing your experiences
using LaTeX and TeX tools in an academic setting, and also papers on
tool development work in progress or completed.

+++++++++++++++++++
On-Line Submissions
+++++++++++++++++++

If you would like to submit an article or technical note for
publication please contact the editors at mailto:pracjourn at tug.org.
All submitted papers will be reviewed by the Production Editors on the
basis of technical quality, relevance, significance, and clarity.

All authors of accepted articles will be kept apprised of their
article's progress.

Please see http://tug.org/pracjourn/submit.html for the Journal's
guidelines.

+++++++++++++++
Important Dates
+++++++++++++++

- Paper submission deadline:  January 31, 2012 (extended)
- Acceptance notification: Before Feb. 15, 2012
- Publication date: March, 2012

++++
News
++++

Submissions in any language are acceptable.  Since its beginning in
2005, The PracTeX Journal has accepted papers not only in English but
also Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, German, Norwegian, Chinese, Korean,
Romanian, and Italian.  However, please contact the editors in
English, and submit an English abstract as well.

Don't hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Francisco Reinaldo
2012-1 Issue Editor
mailto:pracjourn at tug.org