[texhax] plain TeX: how to prevent short last lines of paragraphs?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 16:59:22 CEST 2011

This is a problem that has been niggling at me for a long time, and I
wonder if anyone here has a solution.

Plain TeX sometimes will typeset a paragraph in such a way that the last
line of the paragraph contains just one short word, such as "it." or "I.".
This can be fixed by changing the looseness of such paragraphs manually,
but I wonder if there's some way to change a TeX parameter to make this
happen automatically, since fixing an entire novel in this manner is a
tedious process that it seems should be unnecessary.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR