[texhax] only pages 1 and 2 of the compiled file of 18 pages are viewable, that is selectable by the page counter

ahbrady ahbrady at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 12 19:28:13 CET 2011

Working in TeXnicCenter which came to me from TUG as a TeXLive 2009 edition, clicking on BUILD in the top bar and going to "Build and view Output', I can select only pages 1 and 2 of an 18 page document. I know 18 pages have been compiled, because the Output window at the bottom of the screen listing 'LaTeX-Result' says: 0 errors pages 18. I'm wondering how to fix the page counter to show the full 18 pages. OR, since I also have TeXLive 2011, should I just install that and start over? I hesitate to do that, because I don't know how the update will install. Will it overwrite the TeXLive 2009 files, or will I then have 2 separate sets of files and possibly more confusion?

My naivete is obvious. Please help.

ahbrady at bellsouth.net