[texhax] excel2 latex on Mac

Steve Schwartz s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Nov 10 16:41:07 CET 2011

Dani,

I'm not a Mac user, but on my linux system I use gnumeric to export
spreadsheets to latex tables. I see that there is a macport for
gnumeric; others may have experience with how it runs (or doesn't) on a
mac. gnumeric reads/writes excel files, of course, so you can keep your
files as excel and use gnumeric for the latex export only if you wish.

In my experience, with some tweaking, the gnumeric exports are quite
good and make tables that pick up your document's fonts and such.

Steve

On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 08:41 +0100, Daniel Ellersiek wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I would love to use excel2latex on my Mac (OSX Snow Leopard) in Excel for
> Mac 2011 to convert Excel-tables to LaTex-tables.
> I downloaded the latest package and installed it in the Add-ins in Excel.
> Unluckily, I cannot find the two buttons that should come up after the
> activation of excel2latex.
>
> Does anybody know if the package is not working on Excel for Mac 2011 for
> some reason, or am I doing something wrong?
> Many thanks for your help and ALOHA
> Dani

Professor Steven J Schwartz        Phone: +44-(0)20-7594-7660
Head, Space & Atmospheric Physics  Fax:   +44-(0)20-7594-7772
The Blackett Laboratory            E-mail: s.schwartz at imperial.ac.uk
Imperial College London            Office: Huxley 6M67A
London SW7 2AZ, U.K.               Web: www.sp.ph.ic.ac.uk/~sjs