[texhax] Table borders for cells, rows and columns?

Oleg Parashchenko olpa at uucode.com
Wed May 25 10:08:02 CEST 2011

Hello Peter,

On Tue, 24 May 2011 09:49:29 -0400
Peter Davis <pfd at pfdstudio.com> wrote:

> ...  Ideally, I'd
> like to be able to explicitly set the width, color and dash pattern of
> each edge (left, right, top, bottom) of each cell ...

while designing the cals package, I thought about how much decorations
should be implemented. The showstopper is: imagine

one cell wants red dotted 4pt border, another cell wants green dashed 2pt
border. If these cells are connected, how does the common border look
like?

I have not found a satisfactory answer. Therefore, cals supports only
background color for cells and widths for borders.

--
Oleg Parashchenko  olpa@ http://uucode.com/
http://uucode.com/blog/  XML, TeX, Python, Mac, Chess