[texhax] (La)TeX engine that supports both fontspec and PostScript output?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Mar 22 16:40:50 CET 2011

On Mar 22, 2011, at 11:29 AM, Peter Davis wrote:

> As far as I know, fontspec works with XeTeX/XeLaTeX, and with LuaTeX/LuaLaTeX/ConTeXt.  For a project, I'd like to be able to generate PostScript (without having to go through a Ghostscript-based converter), but still have access to local OpenType, TrueType and Type 1 fonts.
>
> Anyone know of a solution for this?

Not AFAIK.

I guess what you'd need to write would be ``xdvips'' which would support xelatex's xdv format, and instead of .pdf would emit PostScript code.

It should be straight-forward since PDF is supposed to be a subset of PS, but I suspect there're going to be a lot of edge cases which will be surprising and difficult at the worst possible moment.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer