[texhax] Parchment layout

James Quirk jjq at galcit.caltech.edu
Wed Jun 22 12:52:42 CEST 2011

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011, Susan Dittmar wrote:

> Here's a version for LaTeX. I used pdflatex to process that. Unfortunately
> acroread (9.3.2, on a linux box) does not show the text then. I guess the
> page is too long for that. But it's there, as gv (a ghostview clone) shows.
Appendix C of the PDF reference states that the maximum pageheight is
200in and \maxdimen weighs in at around 226.7in; hence the missing text.
With Adobe Reader it is possible to obtain an outsize display of around
700in by using annotations that lie off the page, but said annotations
won't be visible by other viewers and so the approach is non portable.

James