[texhax] Enumerate lists inside "tables"?

Susan Dittmar Susan.Dittmar at gmx.de
Thu Jun 16 10:27:59 CEST 2011

Dear Hubert,

I think you could work with a construct of

% once, to store the current value of enumi:
\newcounter{saveenumi}

and blocks of

% first enumeration, starts at the representation of 1
\begin{enumerate}
\item ...
\item ...
\end{enumerate}

% subsequent enumerations, starting at markers one after the last item's
% number:
\setcounter{saveenumi}{\value{enumi}	% save counter value
\begin{enumerate}
\setcounter{enumi}{\value{saveenumi}}	% restore counter value
\item ...
\item ...
\end{enumerate}

If you need nesting, the according counters are enumii, enumiii and enumiv
(if I remember correctly), so you would additionally need saveenumii,
saveenumiii, saveenumiv to save and restore their values.

You did not provide a minimal example, so I did not test how that turns out
in tabulars. Each tabular cell is a lexical scope in itself, and I do not
know if the value of the counters enumi and saveenumi are transported from
one cell to the next (in other words, whether with these commands they are
local or global). If they are local, there are ways of setting counters
globally aswell; I would have to look them up though.

Hope that helps,

	Susan