[texhax] latex2e usage.

Beverley Eyre bevucla at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 04:52:07 CET 2011

On 01/21/2011 01:31 PM, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:
> On 21 January 2011 Beverley Eyre wrote:
>
>   >  I think he didn't run texhash after the install.
>
> The installer runs texhash before it says "Welcome to TeX Live!".
>
> Regards,
>    Reinhard

Reinhard,
If it runs texhash sometimes I don't think it runs it all the time. I
checked my install-tl and I couldn't see that it ran texhash. I checked
to install-tl.log and it had this section:

   prefer outlines: `true'
   texhash enabled: `false'
   download standard fonts (dvips): `false'
   download standard fonts (pdftex): `true'
   download standard fonts (dvipdfm): `true'

I haven't programmed in perl for a number of years, so I couldn't grok
all 1800 lines of code in the time I was willing to devote to this, but
I'm fairly sure that my install of 2010 didn't run texhash and that the
install instructions said to run it after the install.

But I could be wrong.

Bev