[texhax] latex2e usage.

walt burkhard burkhard at cs.ucsd.edu
Fri Jan 21 04:04:44 CET 2011

Hello I am trying to process the following file.tex

\documentclass{llncs}

\begin{document}
Hello World
\end{document}

in which llncs is the Springer-Verlag  latex macros.

% latex   file.tex    produces ---

    This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (TeX Live 2010)
     restricted \write18 enabled.
    entering extended mode
    (./test.tex
    LaTeX2e <2009/09/24>
    Babel <v3.8l> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang, nohyphenation, ge
    rman-x-2009-06-19, ngerman-x-2009-06-19, bulgarian, ukenglish, usenglishmax, ge
    rman, ngerman, swissgerman, russian, ukrainian, loaded.
    (./llncs.cls
    Document Class: llncs 2010/07/12 v2.17
    LaTeX document class for Lecture Notes in Computer Science

    ! LaTeX Error: File `article.cls' not found.

I am working on a freshly installed texlive system and would like to know what I need do to access the
required files (there are many more like  article.cls)

Many thanks in advance.

Walt Burkhard