[texhax] pdfTeX for a PC?

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Tue Jan 11 21:00:57 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Firestone, Elaine R. (HQ-279.0)[SCIENCE
SYSTEMS AND APPLICATIONS INC] <elaine.r.firestone at nasa.gov> wrote:

> My colleague and I use TeXShop for creating pdfTeX documents. Another group
> we interface with wants to start using it so we can trade documents back and
> forth easier, but they are on PCs. Does anyone have any recommendations for
> packages (like TeXShop) they can get?

I think most popular alternatives for installing everything on Windows would
be TeX LIVE 2010, or MiKTeX.  Both include pdfTeX.  MiKTeX also includes
TeXWorks, which is similar to TeXShop.

There's also TeXMaker, another GUI tools for editing and building TeX
documents.

-pd