[texhax] read argument until EOL

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Jan 7 00:26:59 CET 2011

Uwe Lueck wrote:
> I really wondered about \uccode/\uppercase where LaTeX has
> \lccode/\lowercase ...

You can use either, normally; I don't know why I prefer
the UC version -- it's not really a conscious choice.

> could you please explain the joke to the rest of us?

As in

> I had to re-read that several times before I saw your point.
>>> But now I have seen it, I am ROTFL :-)

?

It is not really a joke, but nor was it obvious to me
where Heiko had spotted a "1" that might have the
wrong \uccode; he meant, of course, the "1" of "##1"
but that is easy to miss, and indeed I had missed it.
So I was laughing at myself for my oversight.

** Phil.