[texhax] read argument until EOL

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Thu Jan 6 15:21:57 CET 2011

Uwe Lueck wrote:

 > "Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd)"<P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk>, 06.01.2011 14:21:03:
 >> Just think : if TeX supported lambda macros,
 >> there would be no need for the control word
 >> \innereolsection at all :-)
 >
 > TeX is essentially my only programming language, therefore from my point of view, TeX supports *all* macros, including lambda macros (if such exist).
 >
 > What if you use \next instead of \innereolsection!? (Idea: TeX can represent lambda terms by temporary macros.)

So can any language, but then they are not lambda macros
at all, just named ones with reserved names.  What I had
in mind was :

\def \eolsection
	{
		\begingroup
		\catcode `\^^M = \active
		\uccode `\~ = `\^^M
         	\uppercase {\lambdadef ##1~}{\endgroup \message {##1}}
	}

Taco, can I add this to my wish list ?!
** Phil.