[texhax] Fwd: kerTeX: TeX and al. under BSD license

tlaronde at polynum.com tlaronde at polynum.com
Mon Dec 19 23:01:17 CET 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:42:01PM +0100, Heiko Oberdiek wrote:

> Any chance that e-TeX will be supported? There are already quite
> some packages that require e-TeX.

It depends on what e-TeX really is. If it is "just" a macro package à la
LaTeX, it is supported.

If it is a patched version of TeX, I have significantly reorganized and
simplified the whole hierarchy, so it should be easy to just adapt the
change files starting with the vanilla TeX instances (initex, virtex and
triptex).

But it is not on my planning for now. But if someone just wants to add
it, and something isn't clear in the way kertex_M and kertex_T work
together, just ask!

My immediate aim is to provide a simple, sure distrib of TeX and al. that
Donald E. Knuth could just install if needed.

More work has to be done after to support utf8 and alien fonts. And to
add also with some minimal changes (the support will be mainly in the
dvi drivers) not only left to right, but right to left, top to bottom,
bottom to top (?) "writing".

Cheers,
                      http://www.kergis.com/