[texhax] cantarell latex package: error

José Romildo Malaquias j.romildo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 14:10:23 CEST 2011

Hello.

I am having problems compiling a latex document (attached) which uses
the cantarell package.

pdflatex fails with the following messages:

$ pdflatex test-cantarell
[...]
kpathsea: Running mktexpk --mfmode / --bdpi 600 --mag 1+0/600 --dpi 600 raw-ot1-Cantarell-Regular-Slanted
mktexpk: don't know how to create bitmap font for raw-ot1-Cantarell-Regular-Slanted.
mktexpk: perhaps raw-ot1-Cantarell-Regular-Slanted is missing from the map file.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.
(see the transcript file for additional information)
!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file raw-ot1-Cantarell-Regular-Slanted): Font raw-ot1-
Cantarell-Regular-Slanted at 600 not found
 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

I am running ~amd64 gentoo Linux. Any clues?

Romildo