[texhax] Multiline array elements

v_2e at ukr.net v_2e at ukr.net
Thu Aug 18 09:38:20 CEST 2011

  Hello!

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 18:40:20 -0700 (PDT)
when harry met sally <whenharry_metsally at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have to put a large matrix in my document, and I want to split its
> elements over multiple lines. How do I do this? The array is only a
> 4X4 array, but the elements are long algebraic expressions which are
> not fitting onto a page even if I use tiny fontsize and landscape
> orientation.

  Perhaps you could try the "dirty" way: to brake your expressions into
the appropriate parts by hand and then place them in the consecutive
lines. Something like that:

\begin{tabular}{|c|c|c|c|}
  \hline
     A.1 & B.1 & C.1 & D.1 \\
     A.2 & B.2 & C.2 & D.2 \\
  \hline
\end{tabular}

  Or maybe the '\multirow' could be of some use.

  Regards,
    Vladimir

-----
 <v_2e at ukr.net>