[texhax] install-tl to install TeX Live 2011

Duke duke.lists at gmx.com
Thu Aug 11 16:04:05 CEST 2011

Hi all again,

Thanks to Donald, Christian and Herb. Actually my TeX Live 2009 was
installed by using MacTeX 2009, and the time when I posted question, I
was downloading MacTeX 2011. The reason of asking was that the download
speed was so low (~ 100k/s, and it took me ~ 3hr or more to get that
1.8G MacTeX), and I thought I could try install-tl with the hope that
the installation can be faster!

Anyway, the issue is somewhat solved now because I have TeX Live 2011
from MacTeX 2011, but question about install-tl is still unsolved! It is
not really any thing serious, but at least it is showing that install-tl
is not working properly, or the documentation for TeX Live is not clear
enough, or I must have done something wrong!

D.