[texhax] tug presidency and upcoming election

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Apr 14 01:40:42 CEST 2011

Dear TUG members and TeX users (sorry if you get this twice),

Following up on the election newsletter I just sent -- I'm planning to
step down as TUG president and just run for a position on the board this
year.

Long-time board member Steve Peter has expressed desire and willingness
to serve as president, and will be running with my support, FWIW.

For anyone who may be curious, I expect to keep working on TeX Live,
TUGboat, and my assorted other TeX and TUG activities.  After four terms
as president, it just seemed like time to shake things up a bit :).

Happy TeXing,
Karl