[texhax] Using TTF, OTF and T1 fonts

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Apr 12 22:17:39 CEST 2011

HV> I have no problem in running this file with

When I try that with either pdflatex or lualatex the -pics.pdf file has
no ink and therefore the final pdf also lacks the bar graph.

The -autopp.(dvi|ps|pdf) files seem to be OK, though.

Looking at the logs, the call to gs -sDEVICE=bbox works.

So I copied pdfcrop, edited out the call to clean(), and looked at the
tex file it uses.  That looks OK, too, in that in ends with:

 \setpdfversion{4}
 \page 1 [604 589 978 745]
 \csname @@end\endcsname
 \end

and that log include the right input file line.

However, if I pass --luatex to pdfcrop it works.

Is there a known pdfcrop-triggering bug in pdfTeX 3.1415926-1.40.11-2.2 (TeX Live 2010)?

-JimC