[texhax] Using TTF, OTF and T1 fonts

Peter Davis pfd at pfdstudio.com
Fri Apr 8 16:07:44 CEST 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 5:09 PM, Alister Mitchell <
alister.mitchell at btinternet.com> wrote:

>  Hi folks.
> I'm using TeXlive 2010 on Win7 and would like to use a TTF font which isn't
> in the distribution.  I've found an instruction on how to do it with MiKTeX
> but it doesn't correspond to the structure set up by TeXlive.  Looking
> through the documentation, I can only find how to install non-TTF fonts - am
> I missing something?  Is there a set of step by step instructions anywhere?

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I have a closely related question.
 I know XeTeX makes it very easy to use OTF fonts, but if I want to use an
older, PostScript-friendly TeX, is there a script (Perl or something else?)
that can automatically do all the work of making system fonts (TTF, OTF and
T1) visible to LaTeX?  I'd like to be able to take a list of fonts,
"install" them vis. TeX, and then run LaTeX and use those fonts via PSNFSS.

Thank you!
-pd

--
----