[texhax] using multirow and rowcolor together

Rob Messer rmesser at intellisurvey.com
Sat Nov 20 05:23:32 CET 2010

I'm trying to use multirow in a colored table, and I'm running into a problem where the color seems to appear on top of the text in the multirow cell, thus partially obscuring the text.  Attached is the example pdf output, and the .tex file I am using.

So, is there something I'm doing wrong here, or any suggestions to fix it?  It seems to affect all the various table environments -- I tried tabular, tabularx, longtable, and supertabular.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Rob