[texhax] Calculate remaining space after a page break and a \penalty of 10000

Paul Isambert zappathustra at free.fr
Fri Nov 12 00:38:36 CET 2010

Hello Wolfgang,

I think a minimal example showing what you want to do would be better, because I
for one really can't picture your problem. Using \pagetotal and \pagegoal to
compute available space is a good solution, assuming there is no vertical rubber
glue, but I can't see what's wrong. And actually I don't understand what "as
little vertical space" means, nor that "page breaks are left up to TeX", since
that's the default behavior.

Best,
Paul