[texhax] Book format with article-style headings

De Presbytero hibernensis at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 1 20:13:02 CEST 2010

Dear good people of Texhax,

I am trying to typeset a 'documentclass{book}' document that will have
article-style headings. In other words, no 'chapter' option, just section,
subsection, and subsubsection.

But I am afraid matters aren't all that simple. What I am working on is a
critical edition of a text. For convenience I will call this text AA. Text
AA is preceded by a few chapters in which I explain what text AA is. I want
these opening chapters to appear in standard 'book' format, with the usual
book-style headings. But I want the second element in my work, namely text
AA, to appear in 'book' format with article-style headings. And I want to do
all this without using package 'fancyhdr'.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Roy