[texhax] PCAP to LaTeX converter

Vladimir V . Lavrov v.lavrov at tz.ru
Fri Jul 30 14:03:24 CEST 2010

  Dear Wireshark Developers.

Please let me to provide the script "pcap2tex" for
the Packet Flow Diagram generation in the LaTeX TikZ format.

It would be nice if somebody find it usable.

I send you the archive with script and LaTeX subtree
for the diagram generation.
I am using the LaTeX version: pdfTeX 3.1415926-1.40.10-2.2 (TeX Live 2009)
under the FreeBSD 7.2 OS.

I use it for the fast converting of wireshark files
into the PDF diagramm.

You need to read the README in the LaTeX dir to understand
more about the way how to use it.

Please look on the PDF examples in
"LaTeX/Project/sip-call"
"LaTeX/Project/h323-sip"

Short to say:
	1.
		You have wireshark capture file "mydata.pcap" and you want
		to have pdf diagramm.
	2.
		cd LaTeX/Project
		make  project=my-new-doc

	3.	cp "mydata.pcap" "LaTeX/Project/my-new-doc"

	4.	Open "wireshark mydata.pcap" and take the IP address
		of the devices you want to draw.

	5.	Edit "LaTeX/Project/my-new-doc/example.cfg"
		Put the IP's and Names into the file, uncomment
		the needed perl array strings and save as:
		"LaTeX/Project/my-new-doc/mydata.cfg"

	6. 	cd "LaTeX/Project/my-new-doc/"
		make pdf=mydata

	7.	"Kpdf" will show you the pdf draft file.
		Otherwise you will need another pdf-viewer for the produced
		"draft-mydata.pdf"

Best regards, Vladimir V. Lavrov.

Network Engineer.
TZ Communication