[texhax] MikTex 2.8 and Windows 2.8

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Jan 24 00:49:21 CET 2010

On 23 January 2010 Tom Backer Johnsen wrote:

 > I sj\hold read proof on my own question.  It is of course Windows 7.
 >
 > Tom
 >
 > Tom Backer Johnsen wrote:
 >> I wonder if there is an issue in some way or another with the
 >> combination above, in a slightly  complex situation.  I use a MacBook
 >> Pro with the latest operating system.  On this machine I  have a
 >> Paralells virtual machine with Windows 7 installed and updated.  When
 >> downloading and running a Basic Miktex 2.8 installer I always get an
 >> error somewhere in the process and not in the same place.  I have
 >> tried downloading the installer from several different sites with the
 >> same effect.
 >> Any suggestions on where the error might be?

With the information you provide we can only guess.  Phrases like
"I always get an error somewhere in the process..." are not very
helpful.  Many error messages on Windows are indeed incomprehensible.
But if you don't understand them yourself, please post them to the
list.  For the Windows experts on the mailing list, they *are* helpful.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25