[texhax] Trouble Indexing

Ronaldo Freire de Lima ronaldo at ccet.ufrn.br
Thu Jan 21 19:00:46 CET 2010

Hi !!

I would appreciate very much if you could help me with the following problem I've be facing:

I'm writing  a book (documentstyle amsbook) and I'm using the makeidx package for
 indexing. However, when I try to compile the file I get the following
 message:

 ("C:\Program Files\miKTeX 2.71\tex\latex\base\makeidx.sty"

! LaTeX Error: Command \see already defined.

 Or name \end... illegal, see p.192 of the manual.

 Type H <return> for immediate help.

 l.41 \newcommand*\see[2]{\emph{\seename} #1}

 ?

 How could I solve it?

 Thanks in advance
Sincerely