[texhax] Question

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Jan 19 08:53:40 CET 2010

Tom:

> [...] I still don't have a smart pdf reader that updates itself when the file changes

TeXShop's previewer does [1], and so does Skim

http://skim-app.sourceforge.net/

though the latter will always ask the first time if this is what you want; both update (reload) the PDF whatever the editor you're using (the shell, Emacs...).

[1] You can configure it in TeXShop -> Preferences -> Preview tab: under ``External Editor'' check ``Automatic Preview Update''. Also, if you want TeXShop to act always as a previewer only, in the Source tab, under ``On Startup'', check ``Configure for External Editor''.

Best,

Axel