[texhax] slight font size change

Peter Johnston p.johnston at griffith.edu.au
Wed Feb 17 11:01:55 CET 2010

Dear All,

    This might seem like a very pedantic question, but is it possible to
create a 12 point latex document
where a point is 1/72 of an inch, instead of the usual 1/72.27 of an inch?

    As I said, this may seem like a trivial issue, but I have a
bureaucrat at work complaining that my
document is in 11.96pt font!!!!

    I have used the times package to get a Times Roman font.

    Any insights would be much appreciated.

    Thank you,

       Peter Johnston.

Assoc. Prof. Peter Johnston
Associate Professor in Applied Mathematics          Phone (07) 3735 7748
School of Biomolecular and Physical Science         Fax   (07) 3735 7773
Griffith University
Nathan
Queensland 4111
AUSTRALIA