[texhax] texlive 2010 and beamer

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Dec 16 16:45:50 CET 2010

On Dec 16, 2010, at 3:09 AM, Rob van Gerwen wrote:

> Dear reader,
>
> Because of computer failure (a Macintosh broke down) I had to reinstall texlive, which went like a charm.
> Unfortunately, there is a conflict between texlive-2010 and the beamer class, and I really need beamer for my classes at university.
>
> The best temporary solution I have come up with is to downgrade to texlive 2009 or 2008, but I cannot find the mpkg.zip for either of these LaTeX-distributions.
> I looked here:
> http://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire.html
> but had no clue what to do with the files on offer.
>
> Could you possibly point me to a site where I could download said older mpkg.zip files for texlive 2009 or 2008?
>
> I apologize for disturbing you with this, but I am getting rather desparate.
>
> Yours,
>
> Rob van Gerwen

Howdy,

I assume you installed TeX Live 2010 using MacTeX-2010. Also assuming you are using Mac OS X 10.5 or later you need to use TeX Live Utility to update the distribution. There have been many updates since TeX Live 2010 was first released. You can find TeX Live Utility in /Applications/TeX/.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)