[texhax] controlling pdf reader (was Re: beamer and "Read out loud")

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Thu Apr 29 21:18:51 CEST 2010

Tom, James, Robin, ...

I have made a link collection

http://campus.fh-worms.de/~lueck/makeshow.htm

about things like the atchange program mentioned in the thread that was started here, maybe other pages (including the UK TeX FAQ) can be updated from material listed there and your ideas become more easily available to other TeX users.

Tom Schneider <toms at ncifcrf.gov>, 18.04.2010 18:37:48:
>A problem I have been unable to solve is how to get a PDF to reload to
>the same page when the file changes.  Alternatively, I would need some
>method to control the page of the reader

A trivial answer, or a work-around for some, pointed out to me at the monthly Munich TeX meeting: use hyperref's pdfstartpage option:

    http://www.tug.org/applications/hyperref/manual.html#x1-100003.6

... just increment the starting page number once in a while ...

HTH -- Uwe.