[texhax] Footnotes in separate file

Nicholas Cole nicholas.cole at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 14:26:13 CEST 2010

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 12:32 PM, William Adams <will.adams at frycomm.com> wrote:
> On Apr 4, 2010, at 7:41 AM, Nicholas Cole wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to streamline my workflow a little.  Since I work in the
>> humanities, many of my footnotes, which are frequent, are fairly
>> extensive.  This tends to disrupt the flow of the document on the
>> screen and makes editing the text itself harder.
>
> Wouldn't it be better to just use an editor w/ code-folding support?

Most folding is designed for hiding sections of computer code.  But
you are right that this would be ideal in some ways.  There is a patch
for vim that will let it hide code within a line, as well as (as is
usual) whole lines, but it is quite a pain to get working properly.  I
thought that a LaTeX solution might provide a more portable solution.

I haven't looked at LyX option because of other packages I often have to use.